torsdag 16. juni 2011

Raw ice cream with chocolate sauce

Yum! Raw, healthy, dairy free, egg free (and gluten free) ice cream.



ICE CREAM

2 cups raw cashew nuts, soaked for a couple of hours
1 cup water
2/3 of a very ripe banana
8 drops liquid stevia (I use Sweet Leaf)
2 tbsp coconut oil (softened)
Pinch of salt
Peppermint extract to taste
Pinch of vanilla powder

Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. My blender isn't strong enough to get it quite as smooth as regular ice cream, but close enough. I presume you could get it smoother in a Vita-Mix or similar. But my ice cream loving (and slightly milk intolerant) husband really, really liked this! Next, place the mixture in an ice cream maker if you have, otherwise freeze it the old-fashioned, manual way. It needs to come out of the freezer 30-60 minutes before you plan to eat it.


CHOCOLATE SAUCE (well, chocolate sauce for lazy people)

3 tbsp soft coconut oil
Yacon syrup to taste
Raw cacao powder to taste
Pinch of salt

Stir together. I didn't even bother to stir until smooth; as I said, chocolate sauce for lazy people - like me.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar