fredag 12. august 2011

Layered fudge

I came across Chocolate Covered Katie's blog via Hjertemat, and fell in love instantly. Her recipes are so tempting, so yummy! It truly encompasses all things chocolate-y and then some. One of the first recipes I tried from her blog was her chocolate fudge. I played around with it a bit, adding peanut butter amongst other things (which CCK actually did as well - a few weeks later) and it was absolutely delicious! Still is. And since I've played around with it a bit more, ending up with these pieces of layered fudge.



LAYERED FUDGE

5 tbsp coconut butter (I use Artisana)
3 tbsp cashew butter (Artisana)
1 very ripe banana
1 tbsp agave nectar
Pinch of salt

Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.


Then remove about 1/3 of the mixture. Add 3-5 tbsp cocoa powder (I use Navitas Naturals) and 2-3 drops chocolate flavoured or plain stevia to the 2/3 and blend until the cocoa is properly incorporated. If you want more stevia, then add according to taste. I prefer this part to be rather dark and not too sweet, as the vanilla/toffee mixture is quite the opposite.


Then add 2 drops vanilla flavoured stevia and 4 drops toffee flavoured stevia, plus a pinch of vanilla bean powder to the remaining 1/3, mixing by hand.

Spread out the chocolate mixture on some cling film and pop it in the freezer for 20-30 minutes, just enough for it to harden.


Spread the vanilla/toffee flavoured mixture over the chocolate and place in freezer or fridge until it hardens.


Then cut into pieces and enjoy! I suppose it lasts quite a few days in the fridge, but they tend to disappear rather too quickly here...



PS: As I mentioned in my previous post (in Norwegian), I've decided that this blog will be bilingual. Just like my head. ;)

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar