onsdag 27. oktober 2010

Nut bars with raw chocolate topping

I've been missing granola bars. They're quite brilliant when it's a bit too long until your next meal. However, my old recipe was chuck-full of sugar and not all that healthy. So today I just did it!

NUT BARS

2 dl raw cashews
1 dl raw peanuts
1 dl raw Brazil nuts (paranuts)
1 dl dessicated coconut
0,75-1 dl flax seeds
A handfull sunflower kernels

3 tbsp virgin coconut oil
3 tbsp organic peanut butter (I used the creamy variety)
12 drops SweetLeaf Liquid Stevia with Vanilla Crème flavour
Agave nectar to taste (or other sweeteners)

Roast the nuts lightly. (This step can be skipped if you want raw bars. I'm allergic to many nuts unless they're heat treated.) I also added the coconut towards the end of the roasting process.



Then pulse the nuts in a food processor. That should leave you with something looking like this:



Now mix coconut oil, peanut butter and sweeteners. You may need to place your bowl in a bain-marie to get a smooth mixture.



Pour into the crushed nuts and coconut, then mix.



Press into a pan and refrigerate.



Make raw chocolate as you like it, or melt dark chocolate (70-85% cocoa solids) with a bit of coconut oil and sweeteners of your choice. Pour over the refrigerated nut mixture and leave to set. Then cut into bars or squares. Voila!



(By the time I took the last picture my husband had already run off with a bar. He likes them.)

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar